Staging your home so its picture-perfect is a great way to attract buyers to help sell your home. Here are a few simple tips to make a great first-impression on buyers who will fall in love with your home:
1. Furniture Groupings:To make a room seem larger, move furniture away from the walls and place in cozy, conversational groupings. This will open up the space and create an interesting flow of the space.
2. Lighting:One way to make your home feel warm and inviting is to ensure it has great lighting. Avoid limiting the room to one or two lighting fixtures. Instead, use at least three light sources, including: ambient (overhead), task (pendant or under-cabinet) and accent (table and wall).
3. Make Space Bigger:Use the same paint color in adjacent rooms to make the space seem larger. Painting walls the same color as the drapes is another great design trick.
4. Use Neutral Colors:Use neutral, warm-colored hues to make a room more appealing. Bold colors have a way of making a room seem smaller.
5. Experiment with Color: That daring paint color you’ve had your eye on may work if you use it on an accent wall in lieu of the entire room.
6. Be Creative with Wall Hangings:Wall hangings do not need to be centered in a room the traditional way. You can create interesting shapes with your art pieces and wall décor to help bring out the best in your room.
7. Accessorize in Groups of 3: To create an elegant grouping of accessories, place objects that work well together in groups of three, like a triangle, instead of lining them next to each other. Be sure to organize them in varying colors, shapes, sizes and textures and place
hem to scale with smaller objects in the middle.
8. Bring the Garden IndoorsTake a walk through your yard and bring in those blooming flowers and plants to splash lively color in your home.
9. Give Your Kitchen a Face Lift:If you can’t afford new cabinets, simply change the cabinet doors and put in new handles. You may even be able to find a replacement cover for that old dishwasher—simply check with your manufacturer.
10. Polished Bathrooms:Having the bathroom tile professionally painted and polished can make a big difference. Accessorize with towels and candles for a spa feel.
For more tips on home staging go to hgtv.com
For information on selling your home, contact one of our HomeFind Realty specialists.